Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Altered Starbucks bottle

this is my creation for Artzdescrap's DT assignment for the month of October. Head on to their website!! Just alter any bottle, be it starbucks, prima etc and you might just be the lucky winner for this month.

for my take, i used a Starbucks bottle...





a close up view of the rim.


how did i do it?

1. Get your bottle and paint with acrylic paint.




2. Let dry. Then use your alcohol inks!!!! dab dab or streak streak... for those who have not "opened" up their alcohol inks yet, now is the time... i used the copper mixative alcohol ink.



3. Since alcohol inks dry up easily, you can now decorate your bottle. I used rub ons because they adhere to the bottle easily.



the finale look with the rub ons.


you can also add blings or felt or anything which you might find desirable.

9 comments:

Christine said...

oh my! ang ganda nito!!! i am in awe of your talent, Cabbie!

Alby said...

Wow ang ganda!!! I also have a Starbucks bottle waiting to be altered. But my idea of how to do it doesn't even come close your altered bottle. Good thing is that I have the tools! And i have that gorgeous copper mixative. Question, why did you have to use acrylic paint? I sit to make the bottle opaque?

Thanks for the inspiration Cabbie!

Anonymous said...

Oh so cool! If only we all recycled like you do. Everything in the world would be beautiful! =)

Airees said...

Wow! Only you can alter that bottle with a style that's "Cabbie" talaga! Nice!!!

Gracie Ann Tan said...

Wow Cabbie this is so gorgeous! I love it! Got some Starbucks bottles here too but I don't think I can create one that's as pretty as yours. Iba ka talaga! Hope to finally meet you tomorrow at the Scrapfest. :)

Amy Wing said...

Awesome, Cabbie! Really great!

feli said...

love your take on the challenge cabbie!love the way you painted the bottle.. :)

Liza said...

An absolutely Gorgeous Bottle Cabbe!!!

Yujai said...

Beautiful! So what so special about alcohol ink?

sidelines

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...