Saturday, August 30, 2008

altered candy tin can tutorial

at last, i would be posting my 4th published material for READY SET CREATE (august-september issue) here featuring the


i did this article way back months ago with a siding of tutorial and so happy to share it here on my blog.

the process:
dab dab alcohol inks on the tincan

i also used KI lace cardstock. cut into strips.

after adhering the strip, i brushed it with Mod Podge to seal it and add glossiness.

for the crackle effect which you may all be familiar with, i used the red glaze as the base and the old paper color as my choice.

i also used distress ink( fired brick ) for the frontal coating of the cracks.

finally, what evolved was an accent of flower and a cracked swirl to go with a metal bookplate.

thanks for looking!


feli said...

wow... i love the texture on the tin cabbie! especially the use of alcohol inks! :)

Vivs said...

oh wow this is awesome cabbie! TFS! would def. wanna try this out some day

Vivs said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Love the candy tin, Cabbie! I might have to make one sometime. =)

Have a great week!

Christine said...

wow! gorgeous tin! you never run out of great ideas!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...