Thursday, January 15, 2009

Altered used keychain calendar

this is my DT project for artzdescrap's january tutorial using used calendar as signboard or anything... inspirational scrapper jasmin got her tutorial over at artz.

for this one, i used a used keychain calendar dated 2006 given to me by my sister...




the technique: since the cover is a transparent one, i decided to use acrylic paint. After drying it, i mixed a combo of gum arabic-pearl ex and brushed on top of the paint. i noticed that the paint moves. so to lessen destruction, i have to slowly move the paint to create a crackled and crumpled effect.


i also used Mica flakes as decorative add-ons! i would like to thank Ms. Michelle Ku of Malaysia for surprising me with these!!


the finished product.





this is Michelle's gift to me.. i just love Mica flakes... they are like plastic flakes yet so sparkling beautiful! i hope i can create more projects with this stuff.

1 comment:

Chowchow said...

Glad that you liked the Mica flakes. I have to say that I can't look at Mica without thinking of you Cabbie... Hee hee...

sidelines

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...